Online Graduate Course
The only Daily 5, CAFE, and Math Daily 3 online course that is endorsed by us!
Learn More and Register
Professional development is an essential component of a teacher's job. As educators, we are always looking for ways to grow, learn, collaborate, and refine our teaching. We feel especially fortunate when the training provides needed college credits to help us advance personally and professionally. That's why we are so excited to introduce the very first online course titled Launching Daily 5® and CAFE® which is worth 3 graduate level credits!
We are working closely with Upper Iowa University (UIU), and have entered into a license and restricted use agreement to provide an online class of Daily 5® and CAFE® that will provide teachers with information about:
- classroom design
- brain research, motivation in teaching and learning
- developing independence
- organizing student data
- brief and detailed focused lessons
- differentiation in the literacy classroom
- moving from assessment to instruction
- monitoring student progress
UIU is a global university and supports learners from all over the world. Allison Behne, a writer for this website, is also an Assistant Professor of Education at UIU. We have her to be the instructor of this course (EDU555) and we have worked closely together to develop it. If you are interested in learning more about the Daily 5® and CAFE®, and if you want to be sure that the information you receive is accurate, current and endorsed by us, then this course is for you. It is currently the only training, outside of workshops we lead ourselves, that has our endorsement.
- Online format
- 8 week term
- 3 graduate credits
- Instruction in Daily 5 and CAFE from curriculum endorsed by the 2 Sisters
- 20 student maximum in each course = personalized instruction
- Meet and collaborate with other teachers using Daily 5® and CAFE®
We hope to see you in our online classroom!